San Diego Divorce Forensic Accountants
For over 30 years Karen Kaseno, CPA and The Kaseno CPA Firm, APC has offered financial services in the family law litigation/mediation community in San Diego. Ms. Kaseno and her staff are skilled at helping parties and their attorneys navigate through family law cases ranging from small to very large, multi-million dollar asset cases from beginning to end.
Our professional team contributes insights and clarity to legal counsel and clients regarding financial issues that may be unclear. She and her staff are talented and experienced in working with attorneys and parties to obtain answers to financial questions in family law matters that are in several different venues:
1. Litigation with both parties represented.
2. Litigation with the goal to mediate with a settlement conference judge prior to trial.
3. Mediation- this can either be with both parties represented or both parties with consulting attorneys.
4. Collaberative Family Law- Ms. Kaseno is a collaboratively trained professional that has worked with parties going through this process to resolve their family law case.
Divorce is difficult and understanding complex financial issues is sometimes hard. That is where Karen Kaseno and her staff excel. The Kaseno CPA Firm, is experienced at analyzing complex financial and accounting issues and delivers results in a clear manner that can be easily understood by the courts, judiciary and the parties.
Our team understands that we must devote our time and energy into all legal aspects of the family law cases we handle. Because of that, we work diligently to have our clients’ legal matters handled in a timely manner. No matter how big or small your case might be, we are committed to remaining responsive the entire way through your case.
Ms. Kaseno and her staff can work with you individually as your forensic expert or can work jointly as a “neutral expert” for both parties. Ms. Kaseno frequently gets appointed by the court as a Special Master or Evidence Code 730 expert that essentially works as a neutral accountant with both sides, to report directly to the court regarding certain financial issues.
Working together and trying to settle or mediate at least some of the financial issues in a divorce is usually a good and efficient path to take. If the parties can cooperate with each other in providing documentation and information and work towards a solution, that is usually the the efficient way to complete a case. We can work with parties that chose to mediate, settle or go through Collaberative Family Law to resolve their case.
Sometimes for a number of different reasons a case will not mediate and settle. Some family law cases are ones that will need to be litigated. Karen Kaseno has litigated over 300 family law cases and has been a Special Master/Evidence Code 730 joint expert on over 200 family law cases. Ms. Kaseno and her staff can take your case all of the way through trial, if that is what is needed.
If you need an experienced and reliable forensic accounting team, call The Kaseno CPA Firm today at (760) 364-9016.
Accreditations & Certifications
Industries We Serve
The Kaseno CPA Firm provides a broad range of forensic accounting services for professionals throughout California as Neutral Financial experts, Court Appointed Experts, a designated CPA expert witness, and as a consultant on different types of mediation, arbitration and litigation cases. This includes services in the following areas:
Analysis of income available for support, business valuations, characterization and apportionment of assets between separate and community property, analysis of marital standard of living, tracing of financial transactions and separate property, analysis of reimbursements and other financial matters.
Valuation of businesses in a variety of industries in litigation and non-litigation settings.
What Sets Our Firm Apart?
- The Kaseno CPA Firm, APC specializes in Family Law and the financial issues relating to divorce matters.
- Karen Kaseno and her staff have decades of experience providing services in this area.
- The Kaseno CPA Firm, APC can work with parties through negotiated settlement, mediation, Collaborative divorce and litigation. With experience and knowledge in issues in all of the above venues.
- If the case goes to trial or to hearings, Ms. Kaseno is a skilled and experienced testifying expert.
- The Kaseno CPA Firm, APC offers business appraisals in the family law area. Ms. Kaseno is Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV from the AICPA) and a Certified Valuation Analyst with the National Association of Valuation Analysts (NACVA).
- In addition to being a CPA, Ms. Kaseno is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners who is uniquely qualified to seek and find potential areas of misstatement of financial information provided by one of both or the spouses or their financial staff.
- The Kaseno CPA Firm is known for their efficiency and ability to complete work on time and within the specific deadlines.
- The Kaseno CPA Firm, APC prides itself in providing a solution to parties that helps them move their divorce case forward. We aspire to provide our work in a clear and easy to understand format.
- Our staff is generally accessible to the clients and their attorneys via phone or email. We limit our caseload so that we can be accessible and available to meet the needs of our clients and have our work done on time.